Active Voice Passive Voice
In this Chapter we read about passive and active voice. Active Voice Passive Voice in Grammar very Important topic.
When the subject of the sentence performs the action in the sentence.
जब कर्ता स्वयं कार्य करता है तो वह वाक्य Active Voice में होता है।
Active Voice Example
– I cook food.
– He wrote a book.
– We are playing Football.
When the subject of the sentence has an action done to it by someone or something else.
इसमें subject के प्रति कार्य object द्वारा कराया जाता है।
Passive Voice Examples with Answers
– Food cooked by me.
– Mohan is beaten by Ram.
– Football are being played by us.
Important Rules Active into Passive Voice
Active से Passive में परिवर्तन के नियम निम्नलिखित है –
- Subject change into object
- Object change into subject
- ‘by’ used before object in passive voice
- Always use main verb III form
- कभी-कभी वाक्य में Direct object के साथ-साथ Indirect object भी होता है। ऐसी स्थिति में किसी भी object को subject बनाया जा सकता है। Indirect object से पहले ‘to’ या ‘for’ लगाते है।
- Passive voice में हमेशा ही Verb की III form का प्रयोग किया जाता है।
- Passive Voice बनाते समय यदि वाक्य में model (can, could, would, will, shall, should, may, might, must, ought to आदि) आये तो इनके बाद be का प्रयोग करते है।
- Do, does और did के स्थान पर is/am/are/was/were का प्रयोग करते है।
- Active को Passive में बदलते समय continuous tense में Passive Voice में is/am/are या was/were के बाद ‘being’ का प्रयोग करते है।
- Perfect Tense में Has/had/will have के बाद ‘been’ लगते है।
- Present simple (s/es) into Present continuous (is/am/are) + M.V. III form
- Present continuous (is/am/are) into Present continuous (is/am/are) + being + M.V. III form
- Present perfect (has/have) into Present perfect continuous (has/have + been) + M.V III form
- Past simple (m.v II form/did) into Past continuous (is/am/are) + M.V. III form
- Past continuous (is/am/are) into Past continuous (is/am/are) + being + M.V. III form
- Past perfect (had) into Past perfect continuous (had been) + M.V. III form
- Future simple (will/shall) into Future continuous (will/shall + be) + M.V III form
- Future perfect (will/shall + have) into Future perfect continuous (will/shall + have + been)
- Model into Model + be
- Model + have into model + have + been
1. Present simple into Present continuous :-
Here Active sentence subject “I” change into object “me” and by used before subject in passive voice.
2. Present continuous into Present continuous + being :-
Here Active sentence subject “We” change into object “us” and by used before subject in passive voice.
3. Present perfect into Present perfect continuous + M.V. III form :-
Formula – Object + has/have + been + M.V. III + by + subject.
4. Past simple into Past continuous + M.V. III form :-
5. Past continuous into Past continuous + being + M.V. III form :-
6. Past perfect into Past perfect continuous + M.V. III form :-
7. Future simple into Future continuous + M.V. III form :-
Passive voice – A gift will be sent by them
Main verb’s III form used every passive voice.
8. Future continuous into Future perfect continuous + M.V. III form :-
Passive voice – A gift will have been sent by them
9. Future going to into Future going to + be + M.V. III form :-
Passive voice – John is going to be called by Maria
Here Active sentence subject “Maria” change into object and object “Maria” change in to subject.