5 Best Paraphrasing Tools for Students to Enhance Essay Writing Skills Paraphrasing is not only an exercise to improve reading and writing skills but also an opportunity to explore the underlying ideas. However, you can only enjoy the benefits of paraphrasing if you know how to do it. So, what if you do not know how to paraphrase? That’s where you can take assistance from this guide.
This guide will teach you how to incorporate technology for paraphrasing content with the help of the five best tools. This way, you can examine the output to improve your writing skills. So, without wasting time, let’s get to the tools review.
The 5 Best Paraphrasing Tools for Better Essay Writing Skills:
The following tools are dedicated writing skill improvers. So, let’s see their in-depth reviews because this way, you will have a better idea of which tool is best for you.
The first paraphrasing tool on this list is ‘Paraphraseonline.io,’ which is ideal for improving essay writing skills.
This Paraphrase Online tool works on AI, NLP and GPT-3 technologies to paraphrase and improve the quality of the entered text. The NLP technology helps this tool detect the context, whereas the GPT-3 technology allows this tool to produce human-level paraphrasing. That’s how this tool can produce human-level accuracy.
This online paraphraser lets you rephrase online with the help of its four modes. So, to understand its working mechanism better, let’s see the working of each mode.
Different Modes of Paraphrase Online Tool:
- Word Changer:
The ‘Word Changer’ is the default mode of this tool. Here, the tool only replaces the words with their relevant synonyms.
- Sentence Rephrase:
The ‘Sentence Rephrase’ is where the actual paraphrasing happens. Here, the tool takes assistance from Natural Language Processing (NLP) to change the sentence structure according to the detected context.
- Paraphrase Text:
Besides taking assistance from NLP, the ‘Paraphrase Text’ works on the GPT-3 machine learning model to paraphrase the entered text like humans.
- Text Improver:
The last mode relies on all the above-discussed methods to paraphrase the text and improve content quality. The algorithms of this module can also correct the grammatical errors in the content.
- There is no need to try a separate grammar checker because this tool’s ‘Text Improver’ module can automatically work on grammatical errors. So, you should try this mode if you want to fix the grammatical errors in your essay.
- This paraphrasing tool takes assistance from four AI modes. So, those modes are enough to handle the diverse needs of people.
- The word count limit of this tool is 2500 words. So, it is an ideal fit to handle lengthy forms of text.
- This tool works on cutting-edge technologies to provide human-level paraphrasing.
- Despite its complex backend algorithms, this tool can quickly generate the output.
- This tool is entirely free, as there are no hidden pricing plans here.
- The interface of the Paraphrase Online tool is attractive and makes it simple to operate.
- There is no option to clear the result of this tool. So, if you want to work on the new text, you will have to remove the text manually.
- It is not a multilingual paraphrasing tool.
- Since it is a relatively new tool, it has no smartphone applications.
The second tool for improving your essay writing skills is the ‘Paraphraser.io’.
Paraphraser.io’s Paraphrasing Tool is a dedicated freemium tool that allows you to paraphrase 400 words for free. However, if you want to reword more than 400 words, you must purchase its premium plan.
Like the first tool, this tool also works on Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing to paraphrase the entered text. So, it can also do human-level paraphrasing while keeping the original meaning intact.
Besides working on similar algorithms, this paraphrasing tool relies on four AI modes to paraphrase the text. So, let’s see what each mode entails to understand how it works.
Different Modes of Paraphrase Online Tool:
The ‘Fluency’ mode makes the text fluent while paraphrasing it. So, whether you have purchased its premium plan or not, you can try this mode.
The ‘Standard’ mode works like every other paraphraser, as it has no advanced paraphrasing algorithms. It is available for both unregistered and premium members.
This mode is only available for premium members because it creatively paraphrases the text with the help of fancy vocabulary.
The ‘Smarter’ mode is another premium feature of this tool. Here, the tool intelligently works on the sentence structure and content flow while paraphrasing.
- It is a multilingual paraphrasing tool. So, it can successfully provide human-level and state-of-the-art paraphrasing in multiple languages.
- You can even check the grammar, summarize, or check the plagiarism of the output with this tool. So, despite being a dedicated paraphrasing tool, its functionalities are not limited to paraphrasing.
- You can enjoy the same features of this tool by downloading its android and iOS application.
- You can integrate its ‘Paraphrasing API’ or ‘WordPress Plugin’ with your website. This way, your audience can enjoy the facilities of this paraphrasing tool without accessing it from the official website.
- The interface and usability of this tool are straightforward. So, even beginners can operate it perfectly, as there are no complex options.
- The free version of Paraphraser.io’s Paraphrasing Tool only allows you to paraphrase 400 wordsin one go. So, if you want to rephrase lengthy text, you will have to purchase its premium plan.
- This tool’s ‘Paraphrasing API’ facility is only available for premium members.
- The ‘Creative’ and ‘Smart’ modes are only available for premium members.
The third tool on this list is ‘Rephrase (Paraphrasing Tool) by Rephrase.info,’ which is similar to the second tool in terms of the working mechanism.
Rephrase.info’s Rephrasing Tool is another multilingual freemium tool that lets you paraphrase 500 words for free. Any more than that, you will have to purchase its premium plan.
It is a scholarly paraphrasing tool. So, no matter what type of academic content you want to paraphrase with this, it will always do the job. For doing the job, it takes assistance from its three AI modes.
The working mechanism of each mode is similar to the AI paraphrasing modes of the second tool. So, we will not explain each mode here.
- We have included this tool in this list because of its ability to deal with academic content. That is why it is among the best freemium academic writing tools.
- As mentioned earlier, this tool is similar to the second entry. So, you can also check the plagiarism or summarize the generated output of this tool.
- Its ‘Creative’ mode creatively paraphrases your content and smartly improves its quality. So, if you want to improve your writing skills, we recommend comparing the output of its ‘Creative’ mode with the original version.
- Its interface looks appealing and makes it fun to operate this tool.
- The free version of Rephrase (Paraphrasing Tool) only allows you to paraphrase 500 words in one go. So, if you want to paraphrase the lengthy text, you will have to purchase its premium plan.
- Its ‘Creative’ mode is only available for premium members.
- This tool has no smartphone application.
4. Paraphrasing Tool by Editpad.org:
The fourth spot on this list belongs to the ‘Paraphraser from Editpad.org,’ which is an entirely free tool.
Editpad.org’s Paraphrasing Tool is an entirely free tool that allows you to paraphrase 1000 words for free. But unlike the aforementioned tools, it doesn’t work on advanced AI algorithms to produce the paraphrased version. Instead, its working mechanism is like the content spinning tools.
Despite having simple paraphrasing algorithms working at the backend, this tool can still enhance the quality of academic content. Especially its ‘Formal’ mode is ideal for dealing with educational content. However, besides the ‘Formal’ mode, it relies on the following paraphrasing modes:
- For starters, it is an entirely free tool with no hidden costs.
- If you work at night, you can switch to its night mode to avoid issues like eye strain and dry eye.
- All four paraphrasing modes are free for everyone. So, you won’t need money to try its advanced modes.
- Like the second and third tools, you can summarize or check the plagiarism of paraphrased content. This way, you can instantly determine if the rephrased version is plagiarism-free.
- Among all the available modes, the ‘Formal’ mode is ideal for dealing with essays and other forms of academic content.
- If you input a document of 1000+ words, this tool will only paraphrase the first 1000 words. So, you can’t paraphrase more than 1000 words with this tool.
- When comparing the usability and interface of this tool with the above-discussed items, this tool looks a bit bland.
5. Paraphrasing Tool by Prepostseo:
The last tool on this list is the ‘Paraphrasing Tool by Prepostseo,’ which is another non-dedicated paraphraser like the previous entry.
Prepostseo’s Paraphrasing Tool is a freemium tool with no word count limit for paraphrasing text. This tool may not be a dedicated paraphraser. However, when it comes to paraphrasing the content, it provides decent results.
For paraphrasing the content, the Paraphrasing Tool of Prepostseo works on the following modes:
The working of each paraphrasing mode is self-explanatory. So, we will not explain the working mechanism of each method.
Since this tool is a freemium paraphraser, it provides the first-three paraphrasing modes for free. For the fourth option, you will have to become a paid member of this tool.
- Prepostseo’s Paraphrasing Tool is the only tool on this list that can directly import the document file from Google Drive. So, this tool is a clear winner regarding the available text uploading options.
- Despite having simple paraphrasing algorithms at the backend, this tool performs sentence-level phrasing and replaces the words with synonyms while paraphrasing them. So, it produces satisfactory results.
- As mentioned earlier, it has no word count limit. So, this tool is ideal for dealing with the long form of academic content.
- Handling academic content in multiple languages won’t be an issue for this tool, as this is another multilingual paraphraser in this list.
- You can integrate its ‘Paraphrasing API’ to your platform to allow your website viewers to paraphrase the content without accessing the official website of this tool.
- This paraphrasing tool also has a chrome extension. So, you can add that extension to any chrome-base browser and enjoy this tool’s functionalities without accessing the official website.
- You can also download its android application on your smartphone to enjoy the same features.
- Like the fourth tool, you can switch on its dark theme if you work late at night.
- Prepostseo provides several free tools. So, even though this tool doesn’t have integrated options for checking plagiarism or grammatical errors, you can still perform the same functionalities by accessing its other tools.
- Too many ads sometimes.
Learning the art of paraphrasing is essential because it helps avoid plagiarism. But besides avoiding plagiarism, paraphrasing can help students develop writing, reading and creative thinking skills.